Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
About Photography / Hobbyist Just call me Lavender!Netherlands Group :iconlutslovers: LutsLovers
We Love Luts BJDs <3
Recent Activity
Deviant for 5 Years
Needs Core Membership
Statistics 248 Deviations 6,980 Comments 40,629 Pageviews
×

Newest Deviations

Time to announce the winners! Two people have decided to join and I am really happy with the two entries It means I can at least make 2 people happy with the points I have accumulated over time. And that's all I wanted to achieve. ^^~ 

As I stated in the rules, I would look at how in-character the art is for 75%. The other 25% I would look at effort. Like this, it wouldn't matter how well one could draw. It was a close call though, between both of them and I really struggled on my decision. However! I finally made up my mind, so I'll just get to it.


First prize goes to.. wickedgentleman who drew Ruby

Entry for Lavandula-BJD contest by wickedgentleman
Prize: 500 Points

Second prize goes to.. irishgirl982 who drew Aurora

Aurora by irishgirl982

Prize: Remaining points (currently 48) and a drawing of a character of your choice 
(And because there is no 3rd prize. I am willing to make that 2 drawings if you'd like.)


Why was this so hard to judge? 
There were several things that made it hard on me. For starters, the fanart of Aurora was 100% in-character. irishgirl982 took her time to ask me all about the characteristics and made sure to pay attention to them. And that shows! I can't find anything that is out of character in my eyes. 

The fanart of Ruby however, misses a major detail: No freckles/beauty marks. And that is really one thing that sets him apart from my group, because normally I dislike freckles. (But in his case they are so light, they somehow don't bother me.)  I wish you would have asked me, haha! :XD: 

Then why did Ruby win? 
Two reasons: effort and the reason of picking this character. The time (and thus effort) used to create the fanart of Ruby was quite a bit more than the time put into the fanart of Aurora. (Yes, I asked both individually.) Besides that, the reason wickedgentleman had for picking Ruby touched me quite a bit. It was more meaningful to me. Though I am really happy to see that one of Aurora's trademarks made irishgirl982 pick her!

It is a very close call, but that is why in the end, I decided that Ruby won. The fanart may miss one of the trademarks he has.. but the effort definitely outweighed it in the end.

:heart: Thank you, both of you, for sending me these two lovely arts. I am glad to have friends like you two who joined this little contest. I hope you are both happy with how I judged and feel it's been a fair choice I made! I will comment your works individually with more detail and fangasming. :XD:











deviantID

Lavandula-BJD
Just call me Lavender!
Artist | Hobbyist | Photography
Netherlands
Hi there! Welcome to my profile-page.

Currently my page is still somewhat under construction. I'm working on getting all my doll-profiles organized and get the stories more accessible for those who aren't familiar about the sequence yet. Also, I'm trying to keep myself uploading - something I have neglected a bit in the past. ^^; But now I'm back again and more active than I've ever been!
Interests

AdCast - Ads from the Community

×

Comments


Add a Comment:
 
:iconfuyunobara:
Fuyunobara Featured By Owner Edited Apr 20, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Hellllloooooooooooo thank you a billion million for the :+fav:!

(~ ̄▽ ̄)~
Reply
:iconlavandula-bjd:
Lavandula-BJD Featured By Owner Apr 20, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
You're welcome. ^^~
Reply
:iconhachimitsumimi:
HachimitsuMimi Featured By Owner Apr 5, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
thanks for faving :3
Reply
:iconmittebam:
Mittebam Featured By Owner Apr 4, 2016  Student Traditional Artist
Thanks for the fav! ^^
Reply
:iconpepstarsworld:
PepstarsWorld Featured By Owner Mar 30, 2016  Professional Artist
Thank you for the faves of my Kaye Wigg doll face-ups! :hug:
Reply
Add a Comment: